Elderwood Assisted Living at Cheektowaga is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to serve as Resident Care Supervisor. Love for elderly is a must!
Elderwood Assisted Living at Cheektowaga (ALF) offers a unique campus setting. This campus also includes a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) and an independent living community. On this campus, staff and residents experience multiple levels of care and diverse settings for LPNs to hone their skills.
We welcome interest in both FULL time and PART time opportunities.
- Our LPN Supervisor's assist in ensuring the general health and well-being of our residents by providing nursing care. This position is responsible for assisting with medications and monitoring the personal care services provided by Resident Assistants; and reporting care and change in condition of residents to staff of next shift and Resident Care Manager.
- Supervise/Administer and/or assist with medications to assigned residents; monitor monthly residents participating in self-medication program.
- Monitor the personal care provided by Resident Assistants.
- Assist Resident Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
- Report to Resident Care Manager change in condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
- Follow the plan of care for each resident.
- Responsible for all aspects of receiving, storing and distributing controlled substance medications; ensure proper placement and use of medication stored by facility including med cart and medication room refrigerator.
- Maintain documentation regarding the provision of care to residents in the Case Notes, Medication Administration Records and other required records.
- Assist in problem-solving related to staffing, supplies and resident care during shift.
- Ensure that resident care standards are maintained in performance of duties, and that the rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
- Receive and store lost/found articles and notify the Resident Care Manager and/or Case Manager
- Ensure that residents are treated with respect and kindness at all times
- Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse with a current State license required.
- One year nursing experience in a nursing leadership role preferred; experience in geriatric nursing preferred.
- Organizational skills and ability to supervise department staff effectively and work well with personnel of other departments required; ensures high standards of care are maintained.