The information below describes the criteria and XML format we require to index your jobs on Go Job Search. Our process is simple and only subject to a monthly processing fee of $295 irrespective of the number of jobs in your feed.
Standard Format XML Feed Example:
Fields in red are required, other fields are optional but strongly encouraged:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<ref_number><![CDATA[unique alphan umeric]]></ref_number>
<description><![CDATA[Your job description using correctly formatted HTML and information preferably 300 words or more for the best possible performance.
Include the most eye catching information in your first 5 lines as this will be the first snippet the candidate will see when browsing jobs on Go Job Search ]]></description>
<salary><![CDATA[$75K per year]]></salary>
<jobtype><![CDATA[Single entry for job type such as temp, perm etc]]></jobtype>
<category><![CDATA[One category description keyword or phrase]]></category>
XML Feed Requirements:
- All your job content must be placed inside CDATA fields to help process your feed efficiently.
- XML feeds must be incremental, so provide all currently open jobs, not jobs added since the last feed request. Jobs not included in your XML feed will be removed from our search results.
- The date provided for each job should indicate when the job was first published for public use.
- The ref_number provided for each job must be unique to that job and throughout your XML feed to identify independent jobs.
Acceptable & Fair Usage Policies:
Your feed will be disabled and your jobs will be removed from our search results without notice if you do not follow the guidelines below:
- URLs you provide must be permanent links which take the candidate directly to the job description. You must NOT require the user to log in to view the job description or require payment to view content. Sending candidates to generic pages for the purpose of mass data collection is not permitted. Logins to apply for the job are permitted.
- All jobs provided in your XML feed must be unique to your website. You must NOT include jobs from other job boards or other companies in your XML feed.
- You must NOT include expired or closed jobs in your XML feed.
- If your feed is disabled you will need to contact us to reactivate it.
- Go Job Search may reject or remove any job postings at their discretion should they not comply with any of the above guidelines or for legal reasons.
Encoding & Character Issues:
- Please provide the correct character encoding for your feed in the XML header.
- The example above illustrates UTF-8 however this may or may not be the case for you. Please check with your system administrator if you need clarification.
- If youâ€™re not specifying the proper encoding your listings may come through with weird characters.��� such as these in this sentence.
Feed Updates & Delivery:
- We will check your feed 6 to 12 hours depending on the level of activity within your XML feed.
- You are encouraged to zip or gzip your feed to assist with the rapid processing and publishing of your jobs.